Justin Gary here again, with another update on the state of the new client and an overview of next steps. It was great getting to talk with many of you directly on my AMA yesterday, and our team is listening to your concerns. We will be working late nights and through the weekend to continue to fix things until they are back on track (thank god for caffeine).
I am happy to report three pieces of good news:
- The servers are responding much better now after our fixes last night. There is still more work to be done, but we are clearly making good progress.
- We just released an Android update that should allow players to use that platform. It still has issues we are working on, but you should be able to play and no longer just sit at the Black Screen of Doom(™)
- We have modified friend challenges to be UNTIMED in response to massive player demand for untimed games (this currently only works when challenging from a PC but will update on other platforms soon). Now you can battle friends at your leisure and still have time to make dinner and use the bathroom. Just please wash your hands.
Here is a roadmap for the next few days. Our top priorities are:
- Continue to increase server stability
- Address a display bug causing some creatures to not be visible when spawned during play
- Update mobile UI to allow dragging cards in draft and deckbuilding (tap to view card levels). You can see a preview of this functionality in the current Steam build.
- Fix clock display bug so it accurately portrays the time remaining
When we feel the game is ready, we will leave FREE MODE and accounts will be reset to their state on 6/1/16 at 7PM. Our current estimate is that this will happen sometime next week. So enjoy your freebies while you can! At that time, I will give more details on the relaunch process and give out some goodies as a thank you for your patience.
When will this all be done you ask? Unfortunately, I can’t give a definite answer. We still have some final bugs to work through before we can submit a new build to Apple. Once that is done, we will be at the mercy of Apple to approve a new build, after which we will take the servers down and push everything back into normal play mode.
Once we get things running, we will work on our second tier priorities, including continuing to update mobile UI, update the tutorial and restore some of the features that have not yet been implemented in the new build.
Thank you again for your support, feedback, and patience. It has been a tough week, but SolForge and this community will get through this stronger than ever.