Several big announcements. First off:
Tuesday Aug 8 there will be a schedule downtime. This is to fix a few minor issues introduced with the last downtime and push card changes. Here’s the list:
- GSFCommando no longer does 2x or 3x damage. It was too easy with the original flavor to stack armor and let him rip. During testing, having him stay at 1x was still pretty potent.
- Nexus Bubble now gives Armor 2 (from 3) to match the rest of the cards from that cycle (every other card gave or did two of something), as well as to limit the amount of “build high armor creatures” abilities are in the game currently.
- Frontline Combatant is now 10/10 with 10 Armor at Level 3. The L3 is rather large and can deal a great amount of damage, so we decided to lower it a bit.
- Forge Guardian Beta now has 2 Armor at Level 1, 3 Armor at Level 2 to give him a bit more survivability.
- Forge Guardian Gamma gains +2/+2 across all levels. This should make the flavorful Guardians Archtype more a bit more viable, but not have them overtake the game.
- Flowsteel Prototype now has Mobility 1 at Level 2, Mobility 2 at Level 3 It has wings, why wouldn’t it fly? Also gives it a bit of a buff.
- Grove Dragon now gets +100/+100 at Level 3, enabling the possibility of a difficult to obtain OTK (one turn kill).
- Chorgias Level 2 is now 0/9, meaning it can no longer survive multiple hits from fellow L2 creatures. It is now also 30/30 at Level 3, which means it now can trade with Iron Maiden.
- Leyline Vermin has its stats swapped across all levels (now 3/6 at Level1, misc etc)
- Demara’s Pitguard is now 4/7, 7/11, 11/16, making it less beastly than before, and making the poison do more of the work.
- Shardplate Toxoid now has reduced poison that is applied at the end of opponent’s turn to 1/2/3. And reduced poison on enters 2/4/6. Toxoid was universally accepted as being oppressive, limiting the poison helps combat this.
- Shardplate Mutant now has Breakthrough at all levels, a boost to “Big Dumb Animal” and Raid decks.
- Othra Level 2 now reads: “When you rank up this gains “Activate: Replace this with a Level 3 Othra“, this gives time to respond to his ability and makes an x.4 Othra 2 far less “swingy”. Also, Othra Level 3 has been changed to 10/30, the 50 health was simply excessive. I think it is a reputable “bomb”. It won’t trade with Maiden or Chrog, but it delivers player poison, has mobility, and you can still get that hatching ability as well.
- Lug, Uranti Charger now has Mobility 1 at Level 2, Mobility 2 at Level 3., in order to give the card a bit of a boost to help trigger it’s effect.
- Phoenix Call – the Cyrophoenix now has Mobility 1 at all levels. it made sense thematically, it’s a bird. The mobility also helps with the random (RNG) nature of the card.
- Agamemnon is now 4/10, 8/20, 12/30, his ability makes more sense with higher defense. Also will now work well with Slumbering Shrine.
- Ignir now triggers at the start of your turn, not the end. This gives people a chance to respond to his ability before it triggers. We’ll be keeping an eye on him closely to see if we need to tune his stats a bit if he falls to the wayside completely.
- Uranti Icemage now grants Defender to any creature for a turn. This brings Yetis back to being a budget friendly deck people can lean on.
- Pyre Song wording changed, no functional change.
- Doomrider receives +1/+1 to it’s stats at Level 1, and +2/2+ to it’s Level 2 and Level 3 stats. The deck and techniques used to exploit him are no longer present, so we thought it would be good to raise his stats a bit.
- Vengeful Spirit now deals -4/-4, -8/-8, -12/-12 (from -3/-3, -6.-6, -9/-9)m, which essentially makes it operate as removal “on a stick”.
- Steelscale Dragon is now called “Steelcale Engine”, and is no longer a Dragon-type creature.
Also Introducing Faction Mastery Packs! These feature 10 faction chests, 2 AA Legends and playsets of two good legends. The faction chests are booster packs with at least 1 legend, 3 heroic and 1 AA all from the faction. These are available in the in client store for 30,000 gold
And last but not least Golden Queues! For this weekend only you can join these queues with gold and get massive payouts.
Entry fee is 650 gold (Two entries for $5)
Prizes: (Will all be shareable)
Six Wins – 9 elite tickets & AA Voltaic Prophet(First time available anywhere) & 6 booster packs & 1 random legend
Five Wins – 5 Elite Tickets & 6 Booster Packs & a Random Legendary Card
Four Wins – 3 Elite Tickets & 5 Booster Packs & a Random Legendary Card
Three Wins – 5 Booster Packs & 1 Random Legendary Card
Two Wins – 4 Booster Packs
One Win – 3 Booster Pack
Zero Wins – 2 Booster Pack
This is a test if the results are good we’ll run more of these.
And finally for those interested KUSC 0.67 is out with significant improvements to the deckbuilder, among other things. http://solforgeladder.com/kusc for those interested.