Last Modified: October 22, 2013
This policy answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
A. What Basic Information Does Stone Blade Collect?
We typically collect personal information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis, and you may visit areas on the Sites anonymously without choosing to log in and submit that personal information. However, in order to use certain parts of the Sites and/or log-on to play the Games, purchase product, or post to the forums, you will be required to create an account by providing us your email address and selecting a unique username and password (an “Account”). In the course of maintaining your Account, you might also be asked to participate in online surveys about the Games, or in other Game-related promotional contests, participation in which is entirely voluntary. You might also desire to contact our customer support team via form found at http://solforgegame.com/support/. In participating in such promotional activities or in contacting customer support, you might be requested to provide additional information beyond your email address, including your name, full address and phone number. In operating the Sites, responding to customer support queries, or otherwise offering the Games, we might also request other information from you, including hardware specs, software performance metrics, game experience, and other demographic information that might be associated with your personal information, such as your gender, hobbies, occupation, platform preferences, and other game ownership information.
Please note that in utilizing certain areas of the Sites or the Games (e.g., purchasing Gold, merchandise, or accessories), you will be requested to provide additional information in order to complete a purchase, such as your name, full address, phone number, internet protocol address (for fraud tracking purposes). Credit card information and other payment information is handled by and shared with third party payment providers, including PayPal. Stone Blade does not retain any credit card numbers.
B. What Additional Information Does Stone Blade Collect?
(1) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ internet protocol (IP) addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet), browser type, and access time. In addition, your web browser or Game software may transmit to Stone Blade certain geographic information or other information regarding your computer, including its capabilities, hardware specs and game data processing. The Sites may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(2) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. Cookies help us learn how to improve the Sites, keep you logged in, and keep track of your shopping cart in the Sites’ store. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Sites may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
C. What Does Stone Blade Do With Collected Information?
(2) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze the Sites traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(3) COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on Stone Blade or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Stone Blade or the users of the Sites or Game, or (c) act under unusual, extraordinary or emergency circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Sites or Game.
(4) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Sites or otherwise collected in connection with the Games. If Stone Blade or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information and personal information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Sites.
(5) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. You are able to review and request changes to your Account information within the Sites at https://solforgegame.com/forum/profile/. You may also request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us at email@example.com.
D. Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. The Sites and the Games are not intended for children under the age of 13. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online, and as such do not knowingly collect any personal information from any user under age 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Sites or Games is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s Account.
The Sites and the Games have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. We store your personal information on our servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to protect the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Stone Blade employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Sites and the Games. All Stone Blade personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the use of the Games or the Sites and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
III. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
A. Public Forums
The Sites include a section for interactive “forums” in the form of message boards (the “Forums”) to which users with an Account name may post or send private messages to each other. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in the Forums becomes public information in which you relinquish any expectation of privacy. Remember that Stone Blade asks that you not disclose any personal information when posting in the Forums, and that you should exercise caution when deciding what information to share. We reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to monitor your use of the Forums. To request removal of your personal information from our community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
B. Third Party Websites
The Sites and Games use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our Sites and Games and what pages are being viewed.
IV. Sharing of Information
We may use your personal information on an anonymous basis to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose and otherwise use, on an anonymous basis, affiliation, position, interests and other non-personal information about customers.
In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Stone Blade’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Sites or Games, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through notice on the Sites.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, such as to fulfill product orders, collect billing information and process payments. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information. Those companies include PayPal.com, authorize.net, and WooCommerce.
VI. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
A. Dispute Resolution Outside The European Union
If you are a resident of any country not a current member of the European Union, you agree that should any dispute or claim arise out of, or relate to, this Policy (“Claim”), you will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the Claim directly with us. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for thirty (30) days after one party has provided written notice of the Claim to the other party, all parties shall join in mediation services in San Diego, California with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to themStone Blade will send its notice to the address we have on file to the extent that you have provided additional contact information to us. Otherwise, we will send our notice to the email address associated with your Account. You will send your notice to Stone Blade Entertainment, PO Box 307, Oceanside, CA 92049 Attn: Legal Department. Please note that this informal resolution procedure does not suspend any statutory limitation periods applicable to the bringing of a Claim.
B. Dispute Resolution for Residents of the European Union
VII. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
A. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices regarding your personal information related to the Sites or Games, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database and deactivate your Account, please feel contact us at email@example.com.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or amend it by making the change on our member information page located at https://solforgegame.com/forum/profile/, or by emailing our Privacy Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your Account and applicable services. However, also note that when you delete your Account, we may retain your Account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
B. Updates and Changes
European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection – Safe Harbor
Stone Blade complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Stone Blade has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Stone Blade’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/
Questions? Contact Us